The Constituent assembly meeting comprised of persecuted exiles from the Colombian State.
Bolíbar- Basque Country, 15. november 2014.
A significant number of exiles, victims of political persecution from the Colombian State, gathered in the municipality of Ziortzia-Bolibar. We arrived from different countries in Europe. We deliberated during two days, reflecting about the origins of the political persecution which led to our exile, and also discussing citizens’ initiatives to contribute in the construction of peace.
We thank the social and popular organizations, and the Basque people for their solidarity, hospitality, and their manifest commitment with the Colombian people, who are searching peace, social justice, and sovereignty.
In an environment of fraternity and understanding, we agreed on the following considerations, regarding the situation of the exiles, victims of political persecution by the Colombian State.
- The Colombian State, covered by laws which created a military doctrine that sees its fellow citizens as enemies to be combated, has created the paramilitarism. Therefore, the State is responsible of the systematic persecution of the Colombian popular movement. The result of these doctrines has been the assassination, disappearance, judicial frame-ups and the exile of thousands of trade unionists, farmers, students, Human Right defenders, indigenous people and afro-descendants, who were social and political militants opposing the excluding political regime in Colombia. The prominent role of Colombian women has to be highlighted, because o their double victimization, as workers and in their female condition.
- The persecuted exiles from the Colombian State are victims, which have not been recognized in the peace dialogues until now. Because of this we claim the inclusion in the substantial issues of the dialogues in Cuba and Ecuador, both as victims of State terrorism and as subjects of comprehensive reparation.
- We support the peace dialogues carried out between the Colombian Government and the FARC –EP in Havana, as well as the dialogues beginning between the Government and the ELN in Quito. We demand the immediate initiation of a peace process with the EPL. Because of this, we consider it essential, to establish a bilateral cease-fire. This cease-fire should generate a constructive environment for the peace dialogues, and guarantee the participation of Colombian society in the construction of peace.
- We ratify our commitment with the advances of the Colombian popular movement, and with the organizations which are building the “Frente Amplio por la Paz” and the “Cumbre Agraria, Étnica, Campesina y Popular”. Therefore we will initiate without delay, the actions that lead to the unity of the exiles in the midst of diversity. The point of confluence will be the search for peace with social justice, democracy, and sovereignty. We welcome with solidarity all the Colombian initiatives in exile and we invite them to construct together from abroad a wide process of unity for the peace in Colombia.
- In view of the foregoing, and taking into account that unitary actions for the achievement of peace are needed: we, the persecuted exiles from the Colombian State agreed on the following points:
- To send the papers and conclusions presented in this constituent assembly to the following: the peace dialogue tables in Havana and Quito, the United Nations, and the Centre of Thought and Monitoring of the Peace Process from the Colombian National University. We expect that the papers and conclusions will be taken into account to build the conceptual basis for the peace agreements.
- To develop actions aimed at influencing the search for historical truth in the social, political and armed Colombian conflict. Also, to develop actions, which lead to the recognition of our condition as persecuted exiles from the Colombian State. We will carry out juridical, economic and political action in search of truth, justice, integral reparation and guarantees of non-repetition for those who are in the exile condition.
- To impulse the necessary political and juridical actions to stop the persecution continued by the Colombian government with complete impunity (like the so called “Operación Europa” from the DAS -Colombian Homeland Security Department- and the recent illegal interceptions of the Colombian exiles). Through intergovernmental agreements, these actions lead to a re-victimization of the exiles and to extraterritorial persecution of the popular movement.
- To demand the total dismantling of paramilitarism by repealing its existing legal frame (beginning with the law 48 from 1968 which creates paramilitarism). Also, to demand the cessation of the criminalization of the Colombian popular movement. These are fundamental steps which will give real guarantees to the respect of Human Rights, peace, social justice and democracy.
- To demand the cessation of criminalization of social protest, and critical thought. This criminalization has led to the incarceration of more than 9.500 political prisoners in Colombian jails and abroad. We demand their freedom.
- To constitute a space that aims at the gathering of the persecuted exiles from the Colombian State. The criteria of this unification are unity, inclusion and acknowledgment of diversity. Like this, we will contribute to impulse the comprehensive peace front, which is developing in Colombia.
As primary constituents we will work for the realization of a National constituent Assembly, which sets the general frame for the reaffirmation of the peace agreements with social justice.
The following institutions sign the decaration:
Colectivo refugiados colombianos en Bélgica Grupo Colombia Bélgica Marcha Patriótica Capítulo Bélgica Marcha Patriotica Capítulo España Marcha Patriotica Capitulo Francia Plataforma de Solidaridad Colombia Madrid Partido Comunista Colombiano- Comité Zonal España Partido Comunista Colombiano – Belgica Partido Comunista Colombiano – Suiza Plataforma No Más Bases- País Vasco Asociación Simón Bolivar – Francia Asociación-Elkartea Jorge Adolfo Freytter Romero, Estudio sobre violencia política en America Latina y en su espacialidad universidades públicas colombiana- País Vasco. Marcha Patriótica – Alemania Colectivo de Colombianos refugiados en Asturias- Estado Español. Marcha Patriótica – Suiza Agenda por la Paz de Colombia – País Vasco. ASBL Entre Amigos- Belgica Comité por la Defensa de los Derechos Humanos en Colombia- COMADEHCO- España Centro Internacional para la Promoción e Investigación en Derechos HumanosCINPROINDH- España Emigrado Sin Fronteras – País Vasco ON Y VA- Suiza Federación Estatal de Asociaciones Inmigrantes y Refugiados en España –FERINE Observatorio de Derechos Humanos Alfredo Correa De Andreis – Universidad Distrital – Capitulo Suiza Asociación- Elkartea de Comunicación Popular Cine de Base- País Vasco MOVICE- Capitulo Madrid 6Unión Patriótica – Suiza Ciudadanos y Ciudadanas por la Paz – Paris Cultura Milonga – Paris Compañía de Teatro Les menades- Paris Campaña Contra la Brutalidad Policial – Fundación Nicolas Neira-Colombia Labrando Caminos- Paris Festival por la Paz con Justicia Social – Francia Colombia Nueva – Lyon Frente Latino – Francia Marcha Patriótica – Inglaterra Red de Solidaridad Patria Grande – Berlin Asociación Cultural Iberoamericana, e.V – Dresde Plataforma de Solidaridad con Colombia- Madrid Marcha Patriótica – País Vasco Marcha Patriótica – Valencia Movimiento de Víctimas de Crímenes de Estado- Capitulo Valencia. Asociación AIPAZCOMUN- Suiza